Crush Advent Calendar Day 6 Stellenbosch Vineyards
Stellenbosch Vineyards is one of the largest wine producers and exporters in South Africa with its head office situated on the historic Welmoed Estate, one of the first proclaimed farms in the Stellenbosch region.
Its signature range of premium, quality wines is the ultimate pedigree that bears testament to the quality of the area. All grapes for this range are sourced from the best vineyard blocks in Stellenbosch, and the good relationship with the grape growers ensures its continued standards.
Recently acknowledged as South African White Wine Producer of the Year 2015, Stellenbosch Vineyards showcases three whites and four reds, namely:
- Heyden’s White – fragrances of lemon grass, gooseberries and citrus.
- Sauvignon Blanc – rich, aromatic nose, complimented by lush, juicy fruit.
- Bushvine Chenin Blanc – a velvety and rich palate with prominent notes of honey, featuring spicy undertones of vanilla.
- Heyden’s Red – a Bordeaux blend of integrated oak derived aromas, layers of blackcurrant, cassis, plum and ripe berry fruit.
- Cabernet Sauvignon – vibrant blackcurrant and cherry with floral notes reminiscent of jasmine shrubs.
- Bushvine Pinotage – rich aromatic nose with a velvety palate. Notes of black and red berries, featuring spicy undertones of cinnamon.
- Shiraz – attractive, yet complex bouquet of plum, red berries and white pepper flavours.
Explore, taste and savour the Stellenbosch Vineyards range of wines at the luxurious and elegant Tasting Facility on Welmoed, whilst enjoying the breathtaking views of Stellenbosch Mountains and classically prepared cuisine from Bistro13 that is owned and managed by celebrity chef Nic van Wyk.
The complete Stellenbosch Vineyards range of wines is also available online, along with other award-winning brands within the Stellenbosch Vineyards portfolio, including The Flagship, Credo and Welmoed.
DAY 6 QUESTION: Stellenbosch Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon has notes
reminiscent of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ shrubs.