Tru Blu Easter at the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton
While many Gautengers will trek to the coast this Easter, some will find tranquillity in having less hustle and bustle around the city. If you’re wondering what to to do with the kids or how to entertain out of town relatives as the long weekend approaches, why not let the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton take care of that for you?
Families can look forward to staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton this Easter, offering a night’s stay for only R 1500 for two people including breakfast as well as an Easter surprise. Being centrally located the hotel is surrounded by activities suitable for all family members:
- Make use of the hotel’s complimentary shuttle which operates within a 3km radius. Spend the day at Nelson Mandela Square for lunch, and catch one of the latest family movies on circuit – Kung Fu Panda 3, Batman vs. Superman, Zootropolis or Zoolander 2.
- Purchase a Red Bus Hop on Hop Off bus ticket for R 150 per person at the hotel’s reception. Explore the sights of the city and experience travelling on the Gautrain (tickets do not include fare from Sandton station to Park station).
- Their dedicated concierge team can arrange tours all over the city including the Lion and Rhino park, or a full day guided tour through Soweto.
- Mushroom Park, situated opposite the hotel, is an extraordinary lush green hideaway. This small park with its playground, hilly landscaped lawns and an outdoor gym is popular with families for weekend picnics. The park is also known as Hyundai Sky Park, as a giant Hyundai branded hot air balloon rises 120m above the space. When the weather permits, you can enjoy the balloon ride and an incredible view of Sandton. The balloon goes up every 15 minutes – adult tickets R 95 and kids under 10 R 65.
- Have the kids spend the day at the hotel’s outdoor pool and terrace. Later, enjoy an in-room movie complemented by one of the hotel’s room service bento boxes.
Easter Sunday Buffet Lunch
Easter Sunday is normally an occasion that calls for a large family gathering, so why not treat the family to a buffet lunch at Vivace Restaurant located on the 13th floor of the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton. Look forward to granny’s traditional smoked gammon, drizzled with a sweet Maraschino cherry glaze, roast baby chicken and slow oven-roasted, deboned leg of lamb. Entice your taste buds when sampling their squid, chickpea and chorizo salad, or the butternut and feta cannelloni, topped with basil and chilli cream.
No Easter would be complete without hot cross buns, and what better way to conclude a beautiful lunch that by indulging in hot cross bun bread and butter pudding, submerged in Amaretto crème anglaise.
Lunch – R 495 per person | Children under 12 pay half price | Children under 6 eat for free.
Book your seats for Easter lunch via email or call 011 245 8415.