Rediscover African Cuisine with African Gold EVOO
African cuisine has been gaining popularity around the world in recent years, and for good reason – it is a truly delicious and diverse culinary tradition that is steeped in history and culture. From the fragrant spices of North African cuisine to the hearty stews and grilled meats of West Africa, there is something for everyone to enjoy. By combining African GoldⓇ Extra Virgin Olive Oil with these distinct flavours, the resultant taste is even more delicious!
Add Africa GoldⓇ EVOO to your cooking
It’s not just South Africa that is getting in on the extra virgin olive oil action – many African countries are leading producers of high-quality extra virgin olive oil, including Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt. African GoldⓇ EVOO is prized for its bold, fruity flavour and high nutritional content, and can be used in both traditional and modern African dishes.
The Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) has been a staple ingredient in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine for centuries, valued not just for its delicious taste but also for its numerous health benefits. In recent years, this versatile and flavourful oil has also gained popularity in African cuisine, where it is being used to add depth and richness to traditional dishes. Here are five of the top health benefits of using extra virgin olive oil in your cooking:
- Lower risk of heart disease: EVOO is rich in monounsaturated fats, which have been shown to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Improved brain function: Some studies have found that consuming EVOO regularly may help improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of age-related cognitive decline.
- Reduced inflammation: Extra virgin olive oil contains high levels of antioxidants, which are believed to reduce inflammation throughout the body and may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases like cancer and arthritis.
- Better digestion: The healthy fats in extra virgin olive oil can help improve digestion and reduce the risk of conditions like acid reflux and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Lower risk of stroke: Several studies have found that consuming extra virgin olive oil regularly may help lower the risk of stroke, thanks in part to its ability to reduce inflammation and improve heart health.
By embracing new culinary trends, while also staying true to our roots, we can create a vibrant and exciting food culture that celebrates the best of both worlds. So, let’s continue to support local producers and rediscover the true tastes of home by incorporating extra virgin olive oil into our favourite African dishes.
Add a touch of African GoldⓇ to your cooking and experience the delicious flavours of African cuisine with a new twist!
Learn more about African GoldⓇ at the website and social links below, or order this local extra virgin olive oil here.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to our Newsletter