Lionheart x The Gypsy Kitchen Vegan Buttercream & Floral Workshop
Want to know how to frost and decorate the most beautiful vegan cake? Step right up! Lionheart is teaming up with JHB-based vegan baking gal, The Gypsy Kitchen, at their studio in Cape Town for their very first full-day vegan cake decorating workshop!
Who is The Gypsy Kitchen?
The Gypsy Kitchen is a Johannesburg-based vegan bakery where owner, Megan Rodseth, sweetens the world with her passion for plant-based eating. Megan prides herself on baking and creating every single cake, cookie and baked good from scratch.
After having experienced first-hand how changing to a vegan diet can impact your quality of life, together with wanting to impress her French culinary trained partner, Megan has set out to show the world that making healthier choices can be just as delicious.
Lionheart x The Gypsy Kitchen Vegan Workshop
Book your seats for this exclusive one day workshop where the Lionheart gurls will be teaming up with The Gypsy Kitchen and exploring vegan frosting. (makes a great gift – spoil someone with a Lionheart gift voucher).
You’ll pick up invaluable vegan baking tips, learn the ins-and-outs of making vegan Swiss meringue buttercream and how to fully frost a cake using it, as well decorating your cake with gorgeous fresh florals.
Date: Sunday 30 June 2019
Time: 09:30 – 18:30 (please arrive 15 minutes before to settle in – note we may finish earlier or later depending on the speed of the group)
Venue: 37 Durham Avenue, Woodstock, Cape Town
Skill level: Beginner
Class size: 10 pax
Note: Ticket sales are final and non-refundable. If you are unable to attend you are welcome to gift the ticket to a friend. Lionheart reserves the right to cancel the workshop at any time in which a refund will be issued.
Need to know: The workshop will cover the following…
- The basics about vegan Swiss meringue buttercream (we will show you how to make your own at home but will supply frosting to use on the day)
- Colouring vegan buttercream
- A vegan vanilla cake recipe (demo only – you will not be baking your own cake)
- Basic vegan baking tips
- Cake decorating equipment & tools
- Transporting tips
- How to achieve a fully frosted vegan Swiss meringue buttercream cake
- How to decorate a cake with fresh florals
What will be provided?
- Cake decorating equipment and tools, cake sponges, frosting, fresh florals and an apron (these are yours to use for the day but please leave it behind at the end of the class)
- Snacks and refreshments provided (send through any dietary requirements)
You will take home:
- A PDF booklet (we’re trying to save the planet one tree at a time) with theory and recipes
- Your beautifully frosted and decorated cake – yay, teatime!
Know someone who would love to do this? Spoil them with a Lionheart gift voucher.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to our Newsletter