The Vegan Plant Powered Show, Cape Town- Date Change
*Update: The plant-based exhibition has been postponed due to the COVID 19 Pandemic. It will now take place on September 5 and 6 this year.
The Vegan & Plant Powered Show will be held in Cape Town on the 30th and 31st of May 2020 at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC). It will be the first of its kind in South Africa, bringing the vegan, plant-based and conscious living revolution to a mainstream audience.
What’s in store?
For those looking to live and enjoy a healthier, more conscious and sustainable lifestyle, with a smaller environmental footprint, the two-day event will feature international and local celebrity cooks and chefs presenting live demos, as well as over 120 exhibitors showcasing the very latest products from food and drink producers and lifestyle brands in the vegan and plant-based industries from around South Africa and the world.
Designed to cater for the whole family
The show will include:
- The Plant Kitchen – The Celebrity Chefs live cooking theatre, which will include top international and local celebrity chefs and cooks in action as they demo fantastic vegan and plant-based dishes.
- Innovation Awards – celebrating creativity and innovation within the vegan and plant-based sectors.
- The great big vegan banquet – a 3-course menu inspired by the show’s celebrity chefs, plus their anecdotes, stories, and tales.
- A Plant-Powered Fun Run to help raise funds for charity.
- Ethical and sustainable vegan and plant-based products and solutions.
- Creative and cutting-edge innovations and the very latest products.
- Pop-up restaurants.
- Celebrities, special guests, entertainment, unbeatable shopping, show offers, and free tasters.
- An abundant selection of food and drinks.
- Mindful drinking cocktails and vegan wine walk
- A VIP Luxe Experience – star treatment for visitors to help make their day out extra special.
- A Kid’s Plant Power Zone with activities to keep children entertained.
One of the show highlights will be the ‘Plant-Power Talks’ (on the ProVeg Stage), hosted by leading plant-based food and lifestyle organisation ProVeg International.
Says ProVeg Director Donovan Will: “As the global move towards more plant-based diets and vegan lifestyles has been growing, South Africans are learning about the benefits of this change – the Vegan & Plant Powered Show is a great opportunity to accelerate this learning… Most importantly, it’s an opportunity to sample, and even learn to cook, tasty, healthy and sustainable food…”
Event organisers, Live Events is pulling out all the stops to make this a spectacular event, which is set to become an annual showcase for the industry. Details of the Johannesburg date and venue will be announced soon. The Vegan & Plant Powered Show is not only aimed at vegans and vegetarians but also flexitarians, reducetarians, sports enthusiasts, individuals who have compromised their health and those looking for healthier and more ethical lifestyle choices for themselves and family. Check out this review of a plant-based detoxifying green supplement.
The Vegan & Plant Powered Show – What you Need to Know
- Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town
- Saturday, May 30, 2020 from 10h00 to 19h00
- Sunday, May 31, 2020 from 10h00 to 17h00
Hungry for more? Subscribe to our Newsletter