Sip your Way Through the Jozi Wine Route at Tuning the Vine
Looking for an epic mid-week adventure like no other? Tuning the Vine brings the best of the Cape Winelands to 4th Avenue, Parkhurst for the first ever Jozi Wine Route on 01 March from 18h00 – 21h00.
Whether you’re a wine connoisseur wanting access to your favourite producers, or a curious newbie looking to demystify the wine world, prepare to uncork the fun at this big city urban wine adventure as you sip your way from one tasting to another.
1 March will see an exciting lineup of more than 20 South African producers, ready to get tasting and talking about wine. From farm favourites to best-kept secrets, each will have with them an incredible selection wines for you to discover.
Also letting you explore the hottest restaurants, spots and shops along the strip, venues for March are The Art Room, Bottega Café, Bistro Vine, Vovo Telo, Classic Bond, Craft, YuMe, Café del Sol Tre, Coobs, Hudsons The Burger Joint, Dry Dock Liquor, White House Interiors and The Beautiful Life.
Here is a basic “How To” guide to the #JoziWineRoute:
- Tickets are pre-sold and are available from Quicket. Alternatively, buy tickets from The Art Room or White House Interiors using SnapScan or the card facilities on the night. There will be no cash sales on the evening.
- Collect tickets, map, glass and wristband at either The Art Room or White House Interiors. This will entitle you to tastings across all participating.
- Be curious. Each person pouring is passionate about their wine, so ask questions and fall in love with new wines.
- Make notes. Keep track of your wine winners on the night for when you want to shop or order them online.
- Some venues have some beautiful stuff on sale … so it’s good to browse.
- Find the wine fairies. If you’re lost, they’ll be able to show you around.
- It’s a good idea to grab a quick bite between tastings, and some of the venues will have food on sale.
- Settle down. Tastings close at 21h00 but many #JoziWineRoute venues offer delicious supper options, so there’s no rush.
Ready your taste buds and prepare to fine-tune your wine senses as the energy of the Jozi Wine Route comes alive.
The next events will take place on Wednesdays 5 April and 3 May 2017.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to our newsletter.