Spanish-spiced and Beer-marinated Prawns with Chorizo
A Spanish love affair with seafood and chorizo. Yum!
- Makes : 4 |
- Difficulty: easy
- Prep Time : 30 mins |
- Cook Time : 30 mins
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Nomu Spanish rub
- 12 prawns, deveined, butterflied and head still attached
- 1/2 C (125 ml) beer
- salt and milled black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 100 g chorizo, thinly sliced into rounds
- squeeze of lemon juice for serving
- handful of parsley, finely chopped, for garnishing
Mix the olive oil, garlic and Spanish rub together to form a paste. Dip the prawns into the paste and place in a glass bowl. Pour the beer over the prawns and season with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours.
Melt the butter in a pan and sauté the chorizo until golden brown and fragrant. Add the prawns, reserving the marinade, and fry for 3–4 minutes or until almost cooked. Add the reserved marinade to the pan and reduce by half. Remove from the pan and divide among small serving bowls.
To serve, season with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and garnish with chopped parsley.