Nobody can resist a fresh loaf of bread with some butter and jam.
- Prep Time : 0 mins |
- Cook Time : 0 mins
- Warm milk and pour into a large bowl. Stir in the yeast and the 1 tbsp sugar.
- Add the eggs and butter and mix well.
- Add the flour and raisins and mix well. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Allow to rise for 1 hour.
- In the meanwhile, make the almond mixture.
- In a food processor, combine the ground almonds, caster sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice and zest and pulse until a thick paste forms. Wrap in a sausage shape in cling wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle and place the chilled ground almond mixture in the middle.
- Fold the dough over and pinch the sides together.
10. Place the dough onto the baking sheet and place into the oven.
11. Bake for 1 hour until the bread is golden brown and it sounds hollow when tapped.
12. Allow to cool before serving.