Bruschetta with Squashed Roasted Garlic, Marinated Artichokes and Parma Ham
Simple, light and tasteful.
- Difficulty: easy
- Prep Time : 10 mins |
- Cook Time : 1:5 hours
- 2 fat bulbs garlic, cut neatly down the centre, exposing all the cloves
- 1 C (250 ml) milk
- ½ C (125 ml) water
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 10 slices ciabatta
- Parmesan-infused olive oil
- 1 x 400 g jar chargrilled and marinated artichoke hearts, torn into pieces
- 5 slices Parma ham, torn in half
- ½ C (125 ml) Parmesan shavings
- 1 x 40 g packet wild rocket
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
Place the halved garlic bulbs in a small pot with the milk and water. Simmer for 15 minutes only. This helps draw the pungent flavour out of the garlic, giving a milder flavour. Remove from the milk and wrap in foil with thyme, seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil. Roast for 50 minutes until the garlic is soft. Keep to one side.
Turn the oven up to 220 °C.
Arrange the ciabatta slices on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10–15 minutes until golden and crispy.
Squash the soft garlic cloves out of their skins and spread onto the hot bruschetta. Top with artichoke pieces, Parma ham, Parmesan and rocket, and drizzle with olive oil. Season to taste.
These are great for a tapas evening!