Beetroot, Pear, Ginger and Fennel Soup
A beetroot soup like no other!
- Difficulty: easy
- Prep Time : 0 mins |
- Cook Time : 0 mins
- 6 medium beetroot
- 1 pkt (250 g) dried pears
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 C (1 litre) vegetable stock
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped fennel
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly milled black pepper to taste
- Greek-style yoghurt, for serving
Peel and grate the beetroot and cut the pears into smaller chunks (reserve some of the pear juice to dilute the soup, if preferred. Place the beetroot, onion, pears and stock in a large saucepan and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
Place the soup mixture, ginger and fennel into a blender and blend until smooth. Add the lemon juice and stir well.
Season with salt and pepper and keep to one side to cool.
Serve slightly chilled with a dollop of yoghurt.