Make the Most of the New Range of Peppadew® Relishes
Peppadew International is relaunching its relish range with enhanced recipes for the existing two classics and extending the range with two new and inspired relish flavours.
“The Peppadew® brand, has long been recognised as the innovative South African market leader particularly in the premium pickle category,” explains the Peppadew® brand manager, Laurian Ovens. “But as an aspirational and contemporary brand, we continuously seek to raise the bar and to redefine future possibilities that will consistently exceed consumer expectations. Our aim is to grow the category with authentic new products and attract new consumers with the latest flavour trends.”
Since inception Peppadew International has always positioned Peppadew® as the go-to brand that offers superior eating and entertaining experiences with a range of food products that consumers can enjoy as ingredients, accompaniments or on their own.
“And that positioning will continue into the future,” confirms Ms Ovens. “That’s why we are thrilled, after much anticipation and hard work, to bring our transformed relish range to the market, to share it with our customers and simultaneously remind them that a relish is just so much more exciting than the regular table sauce.”
The range now consists of the Peppadew® Mild and Hot Piquanté Pepper Relishes, the Peppadew® Jalapeno and Ginger Relish and the Peppadew® Hamburger Relish. The new packaging design is modern and in line with the rest of the Peppadew® product range.
The New Peppadew® Relish Range consists of the following variants
- Peppadew® Mild Piquanté Pepper Relish
- Peppadew® Hot Piquanté Pepper Relish
- Peppadew® Jalapeno and Ginger Relish
- Peppadew® Hamburger Relish
The Mild and Hot Piquanté Pepper Relishes and the Peppadew® Jalapeno and Ginger Relish are colourant, flavourant and preservative free. The Hamburger Relish is colourant and flavourant free but does contain the preservative, sodium benzoate, due to the inclusion of gherkins – a have-to-have in a hamburger relish.
All four Peppadew® Relish variants have a suggested and affordable retail price of R21.99.
Get cooking with these delicious recipe ideas…
This recipe uses Peppadew® Hamburger Relish in two ways, firstly to baste the chicken, keeping it moist and adding great flavour. Secondly, add as a sauce to the braaibroodjie once assembled for extra texture and flavour. Yum!
Need a delicious meal but are short on time? You’ll love this easy relish and caraway sauce – it works so well with spaghetti and meatballs. This sauce is so simple to make, but it’ll taste like you’ve been prepping it for hours. Instead you can spend your time on perfecting your meatballs and getting your pasta to perfectly al dente.
If you have a jar of Peppadew® Hot Piquanté Pepper Relish on hand, then you’ll always have a quick and easy way to prepare a tasty basting sauce. The best part is that it works equally well with chicken pieces, lamb or pork chops. Simply mix this marinade and coat your meat – the rest of the work is done for you.
Friends arrived unexpectedly? Don’t fret, this salsa is so quick to throw together and is full of flavour from the Peppadew® Jalapeno and Ginger Relish. All you need to do is put it all together and open your bag of tortilla chips. Easy snacking, done.
Don’t feel like cooking a meal? Here are 20 great ways to enjoy the PEPPADEW® relish range…
- As a dip on your crudités tray
- As a condiment on your shredded roast chicken sandwich
- Brilliant with tuna in most any way – tuna salad, tuna burgers, tuna stuffed tomatoes
- Mix with egg salad, pasta or potato salad
- Spread on your hamburger, chicken burger and veggie burger
- Make your hot dog really hot!
- As a dip for pretzels or crackers.
- Use as a topping on your omelette.
- Mix with sour cream or cream cheese to make a dip.
- Use as a topping on grilled fish or salmon.
- Mix with rice, noodles or couscous to provide a little zest.
- Mix in with stir-fried veggies.
- Add some zing to meatballs.
- Splash over your chips… yum!
- Drizzle over kebabs.
- Swirl over Sunday’s roast or boiled potatoes.
- Spread on your lasagna.
- Add a dollop of extra flavour to a piquanté pepper tomato tart.
- Add to your favourite nachos.
- Use as a dipping sauce for cocktail sausages and spring rolls.
- Pour over ripe brie.
Where to get yours…
Nationally at Pick n Pay stores. At Checkers stores in Gauteng, KZN and the Free State.