DIY Christmas Crackers
It is that time of year, when you start decking the halls, as well as your festive table. Love them or hate them, Christmas crackers are pretty much a non-negotiable accessory, but even the biggest fan is left a little disappointed at the junk gifts you get inside. This year, flex your creative muscles and give your guests memories (and gifts!) they’ll never forget, by making your own Christmas crackers. These are easy, inexpensive and you can personalise the gifts inside. Follow our step-by-step!
To get started, you’ll need to gather everything you need to make your jazzy crackers, namely:
- Wrapping paper of your choice – the lighter weight the better. We’ve made some awesome printable versions that you can download below.
- Toilet rolls
- Cracker snaps (available at Merrypak and other craft stores)
- Small trinkets or edible treats (nail polish, cigars, funky pins, costume jewellery etc)
- Ribbon or string to secure
- Craft cutter
- Optional – printed messages such as famous sayings, jokes, thoughts, riddles.
Start by placing your loo roll on the edge of the long side of the paper and mark either side of the roll, ensure that your loo roll is centred. Using a pencil and a ruler, draw a light line from top to bottom on either side to use as a guide.
Hey presto, you’ve got awesome, handmade-by-you Christmas crackers. Happy snapping!
See more of our weekend projects here!